Next up in our employee spotlight series is Brandon! Who, you guessed it, is celebrating his SECOND anniversary with us, TODAY! When not frequenting his favorite KwikTrip, or KT as it’s known colloquially around the office, he surprises all of us with his auto knowledge and heavy metal playlist. Brandon splits his time between a few of our biggest clients, lending a hand wherever it’s needed and diving into all sorts of technical problems and fun. And even though he’s the pickiest eater many of us have met (for instance, he won’t touch anything remotely ranch-flavored!), we couldn’t imagine the office without him.
See what we learned about Brandon…
- Favorite job growing up? I only had one other job before this. I was a lube tech at a dealership in Fond Du Lac.
- Where’d you grow up? School? I grew up in Campbellsport, and that’s where I went to school. I then attended two years at UW Fond Du Lac and finished my computer science degree at UW La Crosse.
- Hobbies/pets/fun fact that not many people know? Hobbies: car shows, kayaking, fishing, long boarding, attending concerts… Pets: two dogs
- Favorite memory from work? I have a lot of great memories at work, but my favorite ones include our grill-outs on a nice summer day.
- One thing you can’t resist? There are actually two things I can’t resist, ice cream and cheesecake. Even better if they are combined.
- Favorite piece of technology you own and why? That would probably be my phone because I use that most of the day, and that’s how I stay connected with all of my friends.
- What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this? If I weren’t in my current line of work, I would probably have pursued being an auto mechanic.
- What are three words you’d use to describe ASI? Family, Committed, Fun
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? I would probably buy some land out in the country and build a nice garage to work on my car.
- When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time? When I have 30 minutes of free time, I like to play some video games.
- What is the first concert you attended? The first concert that I attended was Juicy J when he came to my campus at UW-La Crosse.
- What music is on your iPhone/Android phone? I have a good variety of rock on my phone.
- What is your greatest fear? My greatest fear is heights, but it’s strange. For me is the climbing stairs part that’s scary. When I go to six flags, the scariest part of the roller coaster is climbing the stairs to the roller coaster.
- Where is your favorite place to be? My favorite place is pretty much anywhere when I am hanging with my friends.
- Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why? The coolest place that I traveled to would have to be Santa Cruz. That was the first place I went to when I flew out of state, and I really enjoyed the culture out there.
- What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now? I am in the process of restoring an old pedal style moped.
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever had? The best meal that I had would be porcupine meatballs made by Suzanne (my mum).
- What is your favorite family tradition? My favorite family tradition is how we celebrate Christmas. We all get together on Christmas eve and open one gift.
- What three traits define you? Friendly, Optimistic, Humorous
- Ten years ago, who did you think you would be now? Ten years ago, I had my sight on landing a good career and driving a sporty car. I didn’t veer too far away from that.
We’re glad you made your ‘good career’ with us, Brandon! We’re lucky to have you!